This chapter describes the
system call concept in the linux kernel.
- Introduction to system call concept - this part is introduction to the
system callconcept in the Linux kernel.
- How the Linux kernel handles a system call - this part describes how the Linux kernel handles a system call from a userspace application.
- vsyscall and vDSO - third part describes
- How the Linux kernel runs a program - this part describes startup process of a program.
- Implementation of the open system call - this part describes implementation of the open system call.
- Limits on resources in Linux - this part descrbies implementation of the getrlimit/setrlimit system calls.