Interrupts and Interrupt Handling
In the following posts, we will cover interrupts and exceptions handling in the linux kernel.
- Interrupts and Interrupt Handling. Part 1. - describes interrupts and interrupt handling theory.
- Interrupts in the Linux Kernel - describes stuffs related to interrupts and exceptions handling from the early stage.
- Early interrupt handlers - describes early interrupt handlers.
- Interrupt handlers - describes first non-early interrupt handlers.
- Implementation of exception handlers - describes implementation of some exception handlers such as double fault, divide by zero etc.
- Handling non-maskable interrupts - describes handling of non-maskable interrupts and remaining interrupt handlers from the architecture-specific part.
- External hardware interrupts - describes early initialization of code which is related to handling external hardware interrupts.
- Non-early initialization of the IRQs - describes non-early initialization of code which is related to handling external hardware interrupts.
- Softirq, Tasklets and Workqueues - describes softirqs, tasklets and workqueues concepts.
- Last part - this is the last part of the
Interrupts and Interrupt Handlingchapter and here we will see a real hardware driver and some interrupts related stuff.